October 2016 Malting Barley Report
- Crop 2016 is now safe in the barns in all Viking Malt countries. We have started to malt the new crop in Poland, Denmark and Sweden – Lithuania will start in the next weeks.
- Our maltsters are very satisfied with the first malting batches and reaching already excellent quality results.
- The market is well covered for the rest of 2016 and it is not so easy for the trade to find new homes for malting barley before Christmas. The wait and see strategy last year was not successful in all cases and the farmers might start selling earlier this year. Focus this year is coming already early to Crop 2017 as malting capacities for Crop 2016 are getting more and more booked.
- The very dry field conditions in many European countries have given challenges for the drilled winter crops on the fields. This could give some extra acreage for spring barley when the fields have to be re-drilled.
- Read the whole report here: http://www.vikingmalt.com/how-we-do-it/barley-reports/