2020 was in most aspects a very challenging and highly unusual year, the year of COVID-19 for businesses and people across the world.
Viking Malt was no exception but even if the going was rough, we have been able to “sail through the high sea” and land the Viking Ship safely in the harbour. Financially, year 2020 was satisfactory even if not one of our strongest years. So we are looking forward to an interesting year 2021 where we still operate in a COVID-19 affected world, eagerly waiting for the vaccinations to bring us more freedom, hopefully in the second half of the year; allowing people to travel, visit friends, have parties plus go to bars and restaurants to enjoy a few beers.
The Viking Malt team is aligned on the following key strategic focus areas for 2021:
1. The focus on improving customer service by lifting quality in all aspects of what we are doing.
2. Start the construction of the new malting plant in Finland
3. Secure the roll-out of the M3 in Denmark and Poland and benefit from Group ERP system
4. Gain momentum with our launch of the new innovation Sprau (germinated Faba bean)
5. Implement the actions following the Employee Survey by lifting leadership and teamwork based upon our values
Although the path forward from 2020 may feel uncertain and challenging, one thing has never been more clear: we need to change the trajectory for the better for all of us – Viking Malt, Our Customers, Suppliers and everyone we work with.
We have to come together, work together, and support each other in building a safer and stronger company which will also contribute more and more to the world around us through our constant efforts on strengthen our Sustainability agenda.
I wish everyone a successful and healthy 2021.
CEO, Viking Malt